Little Miss Emily very very sweetly awarded me! I'm flattered because she is adorable and I'm just thrilled! Thanks, darling! This is how it works:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 7 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!
Ready, set, go!
1. I am a sucker for anything pretty. Especially pretty packages. Like the one above that Anthropologie sent me...it's just my rewards card, guys. I took it to show and tell (aka...work) and my boss said "I'm starting to understand why they charge so much!" Because seriously? A blind embossed and stitched and lined pocket to put your order invoice in? And a cloth drawstring bag for a card? Yes, I am in love.
2. Have you seen Wipeout? If I had a bucket list, being on that show would be on it. Really...I want to go to there. Bad.
3. The first three years of college, I was an interior design major. Yep, switched to graphic design when I was a junior! And don't worry, my credits basically didn't switch over. I was a super, super senior. We'll just chalk it up to lots of design experience. And it wouldn't change how it happened anyway, it worked out great.
4. My next degree will be Exercise Science and Nutrition. Also, need classes in letterpress, printmaking, party planning, photography, some serious ancient history classes, and on the list goes. Or someone could just let me live in a museum. Preferably this one.
5. I work out almost every day, thanks to ExerciseTV. If I work out 5 days a week, I treat myself to a dance video. Dancing is wonderful, but only for me to see. There is not one sinew of rhythm in my body.
6. Foods I could do without: salt, butter, potatoes, clams...ok all shellfish, bacon and some other foods I can't remember because I don't like them. For the record, I am a lot less picky than I used to be. Up until a few years ago, I didn't like pie. Who doesn't like pie? Clearly I was crazy. There is currently a pumpkin pie in our fridge right now though, so it's OKAY. I'm making up for lost time. (Also, if you don't like pie, please come over so we can have some. I put sugar in it this time, so I think you'll like it! If nothing else, you'll like the pretty plates + homemade whipped cream and I'll love having you here.)
7. Some things that have to do with me and glass:
I have had glasses since Kindergarten. No thank you, contacts.
I am consistently a glass half full gal. Life is too short to waste being bitter.
Mason jars are my favorite way to drink anything. Everything tastes better in my wide rimmed glass pint.
Here are eight fashion bloggers that most definently deserve your lovin' attention:
Kristine of Kristine. Or Polly.
Elaine of I'm Clothed Much
Miss Monkeyface of Hello, Monkeyface!
Linda of The Auspicious Life
Kinsey of In Kinsey's Closet
Brittney of A Day in the Life Too
Jess of Style Pint
Kimmie of Blue Paper Lanterns
And a million more! I love this fashion blogging community and how supportive and kind everyone is. Thanks for being so lovely, all!
Some house keeping...there will be two wonderful giveaways next week so come back soon now, you hear? I'll ring the dinner bell.
And for those who want to know how to make that one skirt, here are two tutorials I found to be super helpful! A note...if you want to use knits like we did, do some research. They will give you a good run for your money that cotton won't. They're not impossible, but goodness. Near.
Alisa Burke's Petticoat + Disney's Layered Skirt